Friday, February 20, 2009

Fireside Video

I enjoyed the video about how so many of our teachers began teaching before they learned technology. I help a teacher next door to me on a daily basis. She has been teaching since 1982. I show her the same things over and over, she doesn't catch on very quickly. She wasn't taught in the world of technology, and after years of helping her, she is still overwhelmed by it. I have been teaching for 7 years, and these types of courses I am taking make me realize how much technology has progressed even since I graduated from college. Someday, perhaps I will need my nextdoor teacher to help me. It seems to be like a snowball, progressing faster, and faster, and faster..........

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Learning is Fun said...

I can understand how you feel, but I have to say I've been working with those teachers right along. I've been teaching since 1981 and moved into the technology position in the school as it was created. They are all afraid and need someone to hold their hand so they don't tear something up or mess it up. :) Trying doing a powerpoint on your directions with screen shots for her? to follow that way you have it to instruct others or to use again and you can print it out as notes, etc.

 
At March 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Kteacher said...

I actually love helping others with technology, and I know she feels comfortable asking for help. She is afraid, but also for some reason, she seems not to have a foundation that she can build on, so she learns so much more slowly than some others, even some others that have been teaching as long as her. It's like she doesn't have the same aptitude, I can't figure it out. But the main thing is, she is learning.......slowly but surely........and even starting to look at technology with a more positive attitude.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home