Monday, March 9, 2009

Alphabet Song

In kindergarten, children learn their letters and their corresponding sounds. Some have difficulty learning and/or retaining the letter sounds. Lately I have been reviewing letter sounds more for a couple of my students who seem to have been forgetting their letters sounds, and need more practice. We have been learning a new alphabet song in class. The problem is, not all of my students need as much review as others.

For my project, I thought it would be a good idea to record myself singing the song. This way I could use it in a listening center created just for the students who need extra practice on alphabet sounds. The students could look at the alphabet and point to the letters as they listen or sing along.

I decided to ask my son to play guitar for me as I recorded myself singing. Hope you enjoy.

click here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fiyoywz2zzm

3 Comments:

At March 10, 2009 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Kim Clevinger said...

I love this! I think kindergarten is so much fun. This is a really good idea for a listening center...I definitely feel that this will help the little ones remember their alphabet. They love music and it can really help them to learn. Great idea & great job!!

 
At March 11, 2009 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so cute!!! I wish I had this a couple years ago when my daughter was having some trouble with some of her sounds. I had never heard this before. Good job.

 
At March 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

I really liked this one! Good job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home